Are you an aspiring APR, but need support to get through the finish line? Consider joining a CalSPRA APR cohort! Join other CalSPRA members who are also pursuing their APR to reap the benefits of having a network of support. Note: The cohort complements but does not replace more intensive APR preparation courses and workshops.
Cohorts will form three times a year: April (spring cohort), September (fall cohort) and January (winter cohort). It is open to CalSPRA members only as a free member benefit. The cohort program is designed specifically for those who are serious about earning accreditation but who aren’t sure how or when to start.
A template cohort agenda with links to resources will be provided to each cohort, with the following intended outcomes:
- Develop a personal APR timeline.
- Develop a basic understanding of the four-step strategic PR planning process: research, planning, implementation and evaluation (RPIE).
- Begin to work on the Candidate Questionnaire.
- Identify a campaign idea for the Panel Presentation.
- Develop a statewide network of APR study buddies!
As a cohort, you will set the frequency, dates and times of your meetings. Cohorts will run approximately 12-16 weeks. Cohort meetings will be held virtually.
September 2023 (Fall Cohort): Register by August 15th
Please complete the registration form, and CalSPRA APR Chair, Heather McGowan will follow up shortly after the registration deadline passes. If you have any questions, please contact Heather at email@example.com